Search This Blog

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Farewell my uterus!

Well here it is a few days before I expell the traitor in my abdomen ... My uterus!

Yes that's right a hysterectomy!

I fought hard for the past 8 years to keep the bloody thing! (Pun intended)

It turns out that my fibroid tumors, which supposedly don't cause most women any trouble at all, have been wrecking havoc in my uterus for years. Probably even the cause for all the horrendous PMS bouts I've suffered with all these years!

I do want to honor my uterus for the one good thing that did come from it...
My daughter Lyndi-Rae. Even then though my uterus didn't want to cooperate when it came time to expell that giant baby! She was two weeks past due and 9lb 4oz and we had to force my uterus to cooperate with drugs and a team of doctors and nurses forcing the issue for two days!

But it did make a really healthy wonderful baby girl for me so kudos to you, uterus!

But now the time has come to say farewell, sinanara ... 

Don't let the door hit you on your way out!!

2 comments:

  1. a well appreciated organ that needs to know when it's no longer welcome. send that thing on retirement! kudos to YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pre-Op Prayer...

    A Prayer to The Great Mystery

    In the best possible way guide the doctors, nurses and everyone involved in this operation.

    May the team be alert, focused and may they work in perfect harmony.

    Because we all stand on the shoulders of those who came before us in our profession, may the team see everything, miss nothing, and make the perfect corrections.

    From this moment on, may AJ and her family and friends be as stress free as possible, comfortably and gladly submit to the procedure and go into it with a positive attitude and affirmation...
    Such as...

    "I am healthy in every possible way. Amen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, my only request is you keep it clean and respectful!